The mission of the library is to serve students’ academic needs and provide opportunities for recreational reading. With over 2,000 students on campus, we obviously can’t serve everyone at once. The library frequently schedules classes into the library to work on class projects, thereby occupying half of the available seats. Any more than 90 students at a time compromises the safety and academic atmosphere of the library. To better serve students who wish to study and read, the library staff enforces the following rules:
1. The library capacity is reached when all chairs and seats are full, which is approximately 90 students. Students who are standing around must find a seat, or they will need to leave.
2. Chairs may not be moved to other tables (6 chairs per table).
3. When capacity is reached, the doors will be closed and students will be admitted as space becomes available. Students looking for or returning books are welcome to come in at any time.
4. Food and drink are not allowed in the library, except for bottled water. Any student eating or drinking will be asked to leave.
5. Students may not leave their backpacks or belongings unattended in the library.
These rules will hold even during the rainy and cold season. The mezzanine and cafeteria will be open for students who wish to eat or have group discussions or meetings.
If you have suggestions or feedback, please see Mrs. McLeod.