Your paper must be MLA-formatted.
- Header with your first and last name, class title, teacher name, and date in the upper left-hand corner.
- Page numbers along with your last name on the upper right-hand corner of each page.
- Centered title before the text that is not bolded, underlined, or italicized.
- All text in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Works cited with hanging indents and all hyperlinks removed (right-click on website and select "Remove Hyperlink").
If you have questions about how to format your paper, see the Sample Student Paper, Works Cited example, or use the online tools available to you.
Easy Bib - Use this site to help you create a works cited page.
BibMe - Search for the citation information from a database of book and article titles or enter your information manually. Free.
The OWL (Purdue University Online Writing Lab) has great information formatting and citing papers in MLA format.
IN TEXT CITATION - (Purdue University Online Writing Lab) gives a great breakdown about how to cite sources in the text of your paper.
WORKS CITED - (Purdue University Online Writing Lab) has answers to commonly asked questions about how to create a proper citation page as well as basic overviews and example works cited pages.
Template set up in MLA format - This link takes you to a page that is already set up in MLA format. You can download it or MAKE A COPY and use it to help you get started on your essays.