August 22, 2022
Dear Cupertino students and families,
Welcome Back! We are excited to see everyone for the First Day of School, 2022-2023. I hope all students have a wonderful day with your classmates, friends, and teachers.
Weekly communication: Each Monday, I’ll be sending you an e-mail with that week’s important information and messaging. The goal is to make sure you have a roadmap for the week, know what’s going on with campus activities, and feel comfortable asking questions or making suggestions. If you have a compliment, question, or concern, please use this Rose, Question, Thorn form to submit those and they’ll be answered by one of the admin team, either directly or more broadly.
Back to School Night, 9/13/22, will be held virtually. There will be a webinar from the admin team to get us started at 6 pm and the teachers will have their videos up in Schoology for you to view and learn about classes. We look forward to sharing our school with you!
Drop off this morning worked well. Thank you for following the guidelines!
- If you are arriving to campus from Stevens Creek, please turn left into the circle near the flagpole to drop off your students. There are two lanes in the circle and both are available; however, it’s important that you choose one and stick with it.
- If you are arriving to campus from the Tilson side, please turn right into the pool lot and drop off students in that parking lot. When you exit, please turn left to return toward Tilson.
- Bikers should enter campus at the bike path near the baseball fields if arriving from Tilson and turn into campus at an official turn lane either near the theater or near the office if arriving from Stevens Creek.
- If you wish to avoid Finch Ave, please drop off on Tilson behind the football field or across the street at Main Street. Please do not use the bank parking lot on the corner of Finch and Stevens Creek as a drop-off or pick-up spot.
Student Schedule Changes: Our Guidance Team will be in the quad during brunch and lunch all week to help students and answer questions. We are also still processing new students who need classes. Errors will be corrected right away, students may drop classes quickly, but changes may not be possible or may take longer based on space available. Please be patient and attend the classes that are on your schedule. If you’d like to pick up a TA spot, please use the QR codes around campus.
Lockers: For students who did not request a locker during Pioneer Days, Mrs. Jacobs will be outside the CCC to assist you during brunch and lunch Wednesday-Friday.
Activities this week:
- Home football game on Thursday night, with JV beginning at 4:30 and varsity at 7.
- Away games for field hockey and girls volleyball
- PTSA Board meeting, 7 pm
Wishing everyone a great week!
With love and light,
Kami Tomberlain, Principal