Intro to one method for evaluating the utility of an information source
Developing a research topic, question and search strategy
Choosing and Using Keywords
Developing and using database search terms
(from the Pfau Library at CSUSB)
Brief explanation of when and how to cite sources using MLA format
Choosing and Using Databases
Efficiently locate and use credible sources through a database
Selecting Appropriate Sources
Identifying the best sources for your information need
- Overdrive: E-Books and Audiobooks
- Accelerated Reader
- Community & Open Ed. Resources
- Book Review Blogs
- Looking for a book to read? Check out these sites!
Maybe you don't love to read but you need to find something for your enrichment reading assignment. Here are some places to find fun, interesting titles that might fit the bill.
Teenreads.com- Reviews, reading lists and author interviews are just some of the things you will find at this site.
Guys Read - This site has suggestions of titles that may appeal to guys! But, girls, don't let that stop you. These are great books for anyone. Use the navigation buttons to look at the list for older guys.
ALA Booklists and Awards - Who better to ask about books than a librarian? The American Library Association's Young Adult division gives out lots of awards every year. They also have compiled lists of books recommended for the college-bound student. That's YOU!
BookSeer - Type in the name and author of a book that you liked and Bookseer will give you a list of books similar to the one you read.
WhichBook - This website helps you select books based on different criteria that you select. Lots of reviews and suggestions.
This calendar is READ ONLY! Reserve carts and labs with the form below.
- AP Gov - Media Literacy
- World Core: Latin American Paragraph
- Voices of Modern Culture: Tutorial Videos
- US History: Visual Essay - Databases and Citation
Media Analysis Project: Video Tutorials
- Downloading Video from Youtube on a Chromebook
- Downloading from Youtube on a PC or Mac
- Picture in Picture and using WeVideo
- Editing Audio
- Making Cuts
- Getting Help - WeVideo Academy (more tutorials than you'll ever need)
iMovie Help Videos
- iMovie Tutorial Part 1: Setting Up iMovie and Importing Video
- iMovie Tutorial Part 2: Adding Clips, Adjusting Volume, Inserting Narration
If you need more help, or if you want to know how to use the latest versions of iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, go to Youtube and search for iMovie or Windows Movie Maker 2017 or whichever version you will be working with. There are many other good tutorials out there.