AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a program designed to prepare high school students for success in four-year universities. The CHS AVID curriculum focuses on developing study, organization, and academic skills for high school and college. We also offer in-class college and career counseling, personal mentoring, tutoring, and leadership development. AVID is for students who are serious about succeeding in high school and preparing for college. Success depends on individual determination and personal responsibility.
AVID is an "A-G" course. As an AVID student, you will receive ten units of College: Preparatory Elective credit each year.
The mission of AVID is to ensure that students:
- Will succeed in their academic classes;
- Will participate in school activities;
- Will be college eligible and guided through the college admission process; and
- Will become educated and responsible leaders in our society.
**Current 9-11 students, contact Mrs. Phares for application
AVID Recruitment Timeline
- AVID Info Session for Students 2/10
- AVID Info Session for Parents 2/24 (zoom link TBD)
- Applications due 2/26
- Interviews (invitation only) 3/3 and 3/10
- Students notified no later than 4/26
AVID Information Session for Parents – February 24th from 2:00pm-2:45pm
Meeting ID: 606 475 3999