Class of 2020
Cupertino High School
Senior Check-Out June 1, 2, 3, 2020
Cumulative File/Diploma Distribution, Grad Night Gift, Grad Night Refunds and
Free Professional Graduation Photo
Dear Terrific Tino Seniors and Families -
Congratulations on being ready to graduate from Cupertino High School! You are almost there!
Below you will find the Senior Check Out and File Distribution Plan for June 1, 2, and 3, 2020. This where you get your Cupertino High School Diploma / Certificate of Completion, school records, as well as a free Grad Night gift and professional photograph from Campus Candids, so please make plans to attend this event during your scheduled day and time!
-On the assigned day and time, each senior will come in to return and scan in all of school property
(Books, Uniforms, Equipment and / or school materials) in the pool lot. If you are missing anything checked out to you, you will need to pay Ms. Balga for those missing items right then (in cash rounded to the nearest dollar). If you pay for something and find it later, you can turn it in for a refund through August 2020.
-Student Check-In Schedule: We have 186 students coming through in the four hour time frame each day, 93 per two hour window. Please come at your assigned time:
9:00-11:00am Last Names A-De
11:00-1:00pm Last Names Di-I
9:00-11:00am Last Names J-Li
11:00-1:00pm Last Names Lo-Pi
9:00-11:00am Last Names Po-S
-After you return items and your bills are cleared, you get a Diploma / Cumulative File Pass that will allow you to proceed on and pick up your Diploma, cumulative file, SpEd file (if any), free gift, Grad Night Refund check, and have your free professional photograph taken by a Campus Candids. You may wish to wear your Cap and Gown for the photo!! (Additional photos and packages will also be offered for purchase by Campus Candids).
1. Seniors will receive a complete school bill by May 26, 2020 which will include Book Bills, Library Bills, ASB Bills, and Athletic Gear Bills.
-Seniors will need to *** PRINT OUT TWO COPIES OF THEIR BILL ***and check off each item they are returning on both copies.
-On Check-Out Day items are scanned in WITH THE 1st COPY OF THEIR BILL;
-If paying for any missing items, student needs to include THE 2nd COPY OF THEIR BILL with payment stapled to it (in cash rounded to the nearest dollar).
2. On June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 9:00 am to 1:00pm seniors will return and scan in all school property (books, uniforms, and other school owned materials) in a drive through at the pool lot.
-Students will drive up to the check-in station (two lanes / two scanner stations per lane);
-Students need to have their first and last name taped to the front window of their vehicle;
-WEARING A MASK, they will exit vehicle, scan in their items, and place them in a box/bag WITH THE 1st COPY OF THEIR BILL showing the items they are returning.
-If student returns everything and/or shows a receipt that they paid for missing items, they get a Diploma/Cumulative File Pass that they take on to the Band Lot for Diploma / Cum File Distribution.
-If students have missing items, they will be asked to drive to the Finch side of the pool lot to meet with Lisa Balga and pay their outstanding bill (in cash rounded to the nearest dollar) and staple any money to THE 2nd COPY OF THEIR BILL.
-If the missing item you pay for is found by August 2020, you can return it to CHS for a refund. Once payment is made, the student gets their Diploma/Cumulative File Pass.
3. Once student has a Diploma/Cumulative File Pass, they drive on to the Band Lot and receive their Diploma and Cumulative files (which will include CHS Diploma or Certificate of Completion, Senior Awards, and any other awards the student is receiving). SpEd files will also be disbursed at this station
4. After getting Cumulative/SpEd file student receives a “Surprise Gift” from Grad Night and PTSA.
5. Student then drives to the exit of the band lot turning right back to the staff lot:
-There each student will have a free Senior Graduation Portrait taken by Campus Candids. This portrait will be uploaded and available at no cost to each student. (Campus Candids will take picture packages will also be for sale online).
-In the band lot, seniors that paid for Grad Night will also get a check for a refund of their payment.
-Students then exit CHS and get ready for the Cupertino High School Graduation Car Parade and Virtual Graduation on June 4, 2020.
We look forward to seeing you on June 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, 2020 at these exciting events as well as watching you graduate on June 4, 2020.
Congratulations Cupertino High School Senior Class of 2020!
Dear Tino Graduating Class of 2020,
**I know this is lengthy, but please take the time to read through the full information so you are aware of the plan for cap and gown distribution**
We are so sorry that we won’t all be together to celebrate the culmination of your four years of dedication and hard work through a traditional, in person, graduation ceremony. We know how disappointed you all are, and know that we share your sadness and grief over losing this monumental event in your lives.
While it in no way replaces an in person graduation, we are moving forward with coordinating the virtual graduation with Herff Jones. We are distributing Caps & Gowns this week for your video or photo uploads for the virtual graduation program and for you to use in celebrating your graduation with family.
Please review the plan below that has been established to maintain social distancing and keep all of our students and staff safe during this global crisis:
- Pick up from 10am-2pm on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday May 6/7/8 assigned by student last name/pre-order status
- Seniors are asked to come via car, if at all possible.
- Seniors are asked to have their legal names printed legibly on a sign they can display in the window. For pedestrian traffic, students will need to hold the sign up at the front of the line
- Cars will enter through the south entrance to the pool lot (please come from the Tilson direction, for a right turn only)
- Traffic exits the north driveway and turns right towards Stevens Creek
- Students/families will not be permitted to gather in groups
- Students still needing to purchase can do so on Friday ONLY (see times below)
- Payment will only be accepted via Venmo or Paypal
- No Cash/Physical Credit Cards accepted (no contact payment)
- Ordering website is still currently open
May 6 (students who have already purchased in advance)
10am-10:45am- Last names A-Cha
11am-11:45am- Last names Che-Go
12pm-12:45pm- Last names Gr-J
1pm-1:45pm- Last names K-L
May 7 (students who have already purchased in advance)
10am-10:45am- Last names M-O
11am-11:45am- Last names P-Sa
12pm-12:45pm- Last names Se-Ta
1pm-1:45pm- Last names Th-Z
May 8 (students who still need to purchase)
10am-10:45am- Last names A-L
11am-11:45am- Last names M-Z
Later this month, we will share our plan for how seniors will return materials like textbooks and uniforms, as well as how you all will pick up your senior awards, diploma, and cumulative student records prior to graduation.
Missing you all and sending our thoughts of love and gratitude,
Your Tino Admin Team